Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Teenage moments: Lesson 101

Teenage moment: Point 101 (Don't correct people in a filled room)
"What did he say his name was?"-Lindz
"I don't know. Derrick? I'm just calling him tour dude"-me
"For your information my zipper isn't down this is how my pants are made."- tour dude says.
"Uh...are you talking to me?" - me
"Yeah. I can read lips."- tour dude.
I start to laugh because that's what awkward moment me does. "Yeah. You might need another lesson in reading lips because I said I don't know. Derrick? I'm just calling him tour dude. But thanks for thinking I'm checking out your crotch. Real smooth."
Face is super red.

Two months later...
Late for a test, literally running across campus in a tutu -NOT COOL EVER- and low and behold the test granting Nazi himself.
"Hey... I know I'm late..."
Derrick eyes me up and smiles. "I know you. You're that girl."
"I am a girl yup. yup. I need to..." hand him my paper.
He shakes his head. "Oh, look at this, the test is closed."
"Yeah, but, I'm a minute late so could you just."
"Oh, I don't think so. Remember me from your orientation?" Yeah, I remember but so freaking...oh..oh shit.
Face falls. Uh. Shit! "I uh..."
"Yeah my boys gave me so much shit for your comment. This is pay back."
"But..."
"See ya." He waves. I totally need to take my test. He knows it too. But he is not going to let me in. This is beyond cruel.
And I seriously have a zero. Not even an attempt at getting an F and maybe a score of 67 no a flat out in your freaking face zero. SHIT!

See Not always good to correct people in a filled room. Because what you say will come back to haunt you in the worse way possible.

But again this is a situation I can totally reword, work into my favor and the character will have a HAPPY ending not an F on a test. :)

Happy writing people!

No comments:

Post a Comment