Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

M=My oh My

When it comes to romance what draws you in? Is it the steamy kisses? The love bursting forth that you can just feel it from every corner. Through screens, TV shows, and even books, how do you like to feel?


If you ever watched Dawson's Creek, yes, I was a watcher "Don't hate!" We're you secretly rooting for each one of Joey's conquests. First her all time crush Dawson, from their love of films, to camping out sleepovers in his room. A beautiful friendship turned more finally, after all these years of Joey pinning over her best friend. Then her romance with the joker/slacker Pacey, a person she loathed. Tolerated because he was Dawson's Best (Dude) bud, and they were sort of like this trio, and Dawson was the peace keeper between them. And yet, Joey slowly succumbed to Pace's charms. And we all silently cheered because it was one of those Awe they love each other. And they can be great for one another.

So I ask again, what draws you in? For me it's that person who can hold balance. The one person who can equal out the other without it being too weird or overly annoying. I'm a fan of forbidden love, enemies falling in love, the underdog. Yeah I'm a sucker for these.

Do I like writing about these kinds of things? Oh yes.




2 comments:

  1. Hello, Roza! I remember that show but I was too young to watch it so I've never seen it. What draws me in a romance? It's different with each couple! I loved the romances that start out as friends; that start out as enemies; that are forbidden. There are so many great love stories that draw you in!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. What draws me in is the friendship. Then the forbidden love most definitely!!
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete