Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lists...Outlines...and a mess of post it's


Post it, such a great invention, and an awesome writers tool. It's among the others, Laptop, Pens, Paper, Sharpies, and Smart phones...ouu and I almost forgot dry erase boards. 

I love Post it's cause they're awesome for outlining, story board plotting, and my personal favorite Character charts/ descriptions/ storyline/ development. 

Why would I use all this stuff? Well, in order for me to write well and make sure I'm following the flow, it's the easiest thing for me. They're so easy to move. Which for writers, that's a good thing, especially if a storyline or plot isn't fitting where you might have it first. shift around some post its and you can have it in the spot it needs to be. Or, for editing purposes you can simply pull it out. Save yourself some writing block. Save yourself some useless editing. And Create more time for the story, family, friends, or even pets. 

In my case, I'm using this as an easy way to write two different stories. I won't get my charts confused this way. 

Now, I must get some work, cleaning and writing done. 

Happy Writing,



3 comments:

  1. Well, it doesn't look like a mess. Your folder looks very organised!

    I'm a pantser so I don't use many notes... maybe that's why I can only work on one story at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent advice!I love post its!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're really organized.

    ReplyDelete