Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy Holidays!

I'm not really a fan of the holidays. Not that I'm all Oh kiss it Christmas or all scrooge like about it. I'm just always overly stressed. If you ever met my family you'd know why. 

My father is always reminding me of how old my grandmother is. I know how old my grandma is by the way. Then he tells me I have to see her. Now if my grandma was old and brittle sure, I can see this as necessary to see her as often as possible. My grandmother is not this way though. To give you an insight of how my grandma is and acts, she hates people who drives slow. That woman puts the race in racing. Not kidding. She told me the other day a guy was driving 55 and the speed limit is 70 so she's having a fit. "Who does that? So you know what I did? I passed him beeped my horn and flipped him off while I passed him for being a jackass!" Yeah 80 years old and she acts like this while driving. She's about as fragile as a nail.

Then there is the getting the gifts. Packing up my vehicle with not only my luggage but gifts, children's luggage and then traveling in the long holiday traffic. Yeah, I'm not up for idiots on the road. Or being cramped with gifts. And do you know what bothers me the most, how my family never considers how many damn gifts they bought for me and so when we return, we have stuff the luggage back in with a crap load of gifts. And hope we all fit without getting a uhaul to strap and drive with. 

I know I shouldn't complain. I should be grateful for getting anything and being blessed, but being in a vehicle for 8 or more hours with no leg room doesn't make you feel grateful. It's more of the opposite like why couldn't they come out here?

Honestly, for once I want to stay in my house and not travel to see anyone. (This is completely selfish I know) But I've been traveling every holiday since I was little. Going to this person's house, that person's house. Scheduled meal times. I'm just tired of it. I thought when I had my own family this non-sense would stop and people would visit you instead.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday and a Wonderful New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment